These egg muffin cups make breakfast so easy and delicious, you won’t want to skip it! Make them over the weekend and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you’re lucky enough to have any left overs you can freeze them for up to three months. Use this basic recipe of ham, egg and cheese or change it up with your favorite herbs or breakfast meat.
Preheat oven to 375°.
1. Prepare muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray in muffin tins. In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set this aside.
2. In a small sauté pan, melt the butter over medium high heat and cook the chopped ham for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Roll out crescent dough on a lightly floured board to about a 9×12 rectangle. Using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 12 equal squares. Press the dough squares into the greased muffin tins creating a sort of cup.
4. Begin to layer the muffin tins with the ingredients starting with the cooked ham. Then pour in about 2 tbsp of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the green onions and a top layer of shredded cheese.
5. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before carefully transferring the egg cups onto a cooling rack. Serve hot. Enjoy!
Keywords: Breakfast egg muffin cups cheese ham